That’s exactly what my client asked me this morning. Actually, it’s a question I get asked frequently when I introduce myself as a Nutritionist. So, allow me to share my Food Philosophy with you.
My Food Philosophy
- No fake sugars
- Only use sea salt
- No “instant” anything e.g. instant soup, instant coffee
- Eat fruit, instead of drinking fruit juice
- If I wouldn’t eat it, I probably shouldn’t put it on my skin
- No “diet” food, fake food or “lite” food
- No artificial colours or flavours
- If I can’t pronounce it, I don’t want to eat it
- Use lots of seasonings and spices to jazz up the meal
- Be suspicious of anything screaming a label claim on the front of the package – When was the last time an Avocado screamed at you?
- No MSG
- Avoid “Fat –Free” foods . Our brain is made up of fat and we need Essential Fatty Acids
- Limit fried foods, instead bake, boil, steam and especially eat RAW
- Avoid/Limit using canned foods – most contain BPA
- Avoid processed foods – white pasta, rice, flour or sugar
- If you eat meat, try free range, hormone free and wild
- If you eat fish – aim for wild and sustainably caught
- Eat colourful foods – always
- Half of the plate should be covered in veggies
- Eat Raw foods
- Soak your beans and soak your nuts
- Coconuts – in every way – all the time (sugar, flour, milk, aminos, syrup, butter)
- Eat while sitting down & that includes while drinking smoothies – what’s the rush?
- Eating local should be your first choice – try to support local farmers and Farmer Markets
- Omega 3s – every day. I love NutraSea Fish Oil.
- Embrace healthy fats – olive oil, avocado, coconut oil, hemp, flax
- No, No GMO
- And most important, if my grandmother didn’t eat it, I’m going to think twice about eating it too
What’s your Food Philosophy? Feel free to drop me a line to let me know info@AndriaBarrett.com
Subscribe to my blog via email
Like Us on Facebook!
Follow My LinkedIn Company Profile
Sign up for our mailing list.